Is Amazon Prime Shopping Worth It?
What do you think of Amazon Prime? Would you be willing to pay an annual fee to have the benefits of Amazon Prime? While many people are still on the fence, it’s clear that over 50 million people have already decided they’re willing to pay the annual fee and enjoy Prime benefits. But if you’re still undecided, here are three great reasons why you should join the ranks of Amazon Prime users today!
About Amazon Prime?
Amazon prime shopping is a service offered by the company to get all your favorite products delivered right to your door. There are many benefits to Amazon Prime, such as free two-day shipping, free streaming video with Amazon Instant Video and free photo storage, plus more. How much is the service you ask? That’s right! With Amazon Prime, it’s $99 a year. That price may seem steep at first but with everything you get included in that price it ends up being worth it! For example: *Streaming video and music *Unlimited photo storage *No minimum order size for same-day delivery (within a certain number of miles) 30-minute early access to select deals & lightning deals
You can sign up for a free trial of Amazon Prime to try it out. You’ll get free 2-day shipping and streaming movies and TV shows. If you’re not already an Amazon shopper, it’s a good way to check out their online retail store, as well as a few other benefits that come along with membership. After your free trial ends (usually after 30 days), it will cost $99 a year for membership – which is about what you would spend at any traditional retailer or mall over time anyway.
Discount Programs on Membership
Despite the high annual fee, having access to a whole host of discounts from places like Best Buy, Target, Whole Foods, Staples, and more may be worth it. Also, consider that you’re paying less than $1 per day. However, it might not be worth it if you can’t afford it or just don’t want to shell out that kind of cash every year. One thing to remember is that even if you don’t take advantage of all the benefits, the biggest one — free two-day shipping on orders over $35 — alone could make your membership worthwhile (especially with how often we order stuff these days).
With free two-day shipping and unlimited access to books, movies, TV shows, and music through Prime Video, there’s a lot of value you get with membership to offset that $99 annual fee. If you’re not a member but want to become one, there’s a 30-day free trial you can take advantage of.
Amazon Prime Service
In 2016, Amazon decided to enhance its already popular membership service for consumers by rolling out the Amazon Prime Now service in select US metropolitan areas. For an annual fee of $99 (or $11.92 a month), members have access to free two-day shipping on tens of millions of items at the click of a button, as well as one-hour delivery through Prime Now. The three new programs are another way that Amazon is improving its Prime service and trying to attract more shoppers. It’s a smart move on the part of the online retail giant because according to Consumer Intelligence Research Partners’ estimate, there are over 100 million Americans who do not have any subscriptions at all, meaning there is lots of potential for growth in this market segment.
Prime members get access to a lot of different benefits:
– FREE Two-Day Shipping on over 100 million items
– No minimum order size – Unlimited Streaming of tens of thousands of movies and TV shows with Prime Video, including award-winning series like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, American Gods, and Pose.
– Unlimited ad-free access to over a million songs and hundreds of playlists with Prime Music.
– Hundreds of Kindle books to borrow for free each month from the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library. Plus automatic digital copies (epub) for your supported devices or reading software.
– Exclusive discounts on select items, like an extra percentage off select sales and clearance items.
Drawbacks of Being an Amazon Prime Member
It’s an affordable fee for many people. There are, however, drawbacks to becoming an Amazon Prime member:
* If you don’t need to use the services of 2-day shipping or free overnight shipping, the service may not be worth it.
* For some items (i.e., DVDs and video games), in addition to standard shipping, expedited shipping may be required for faster delivery.
* The free book borrowing feature is a great bonus for avid readers who have finished their current novel but if you buy books frequently numerous books have been discounted on the site that are not included with your membership fee.
There is a lot of value in signing up for an Amazon Prime membership. When shopping, there are deals to be found on items and this helps people save money when buying products. When it comes to shipping, people will get their packages delivered to them within two days. People can also take advantage of free movies and TV shows which are great for those who enjoy staying at home and watching the latest blockbuster releases. Plus, those with the Amazon Student subscription can save more money because they get a six-month trial instead of just one month with the regular Amazon membership. With all these benefits it would be wise for anyone looking to save money by shopping online, to go ahead and sign up for an Amazon Prime account!